View Full Program > Event Information
Presented by Yarra Ranges Council
Business Acceleration Program: Series 2 – Workshop 2 of 4
Following on from our first successful stream of these workshops. We are now taking expressions of interest for Stream 2 commencing in 2020
Learn how to adapt, innovate and scale your business to meet new opportunities.
Our local area is undergoing enormous growth. This creates opportunities for local businesses – provided they know how to adapt, how to reach new customers and hours to manage the change process. Over a series of Four Workshops, the Yarra Ranges Business Accelerator Program will help you to innovate and position your business for the future.
Workshop 1 – Wed 25th March- 5.30pm – 7.30pm
Today’s change is tomorrow’s opportunity
- How to disentwine yourself from your business so you can develop a more objective perspective to approaching and overcoming the challenges ahead.
- Understand the mindset needed to identify and foster strategies for innovation, adaption and change.
- Scenario Planning: Identify key stakeholders for your business (including local businesses, customers, suppliers, visitors, construction workers and the local residents/community) and identify specific growth strategies for both the construction and post-construction phase.
Workshop 2 – Wed 22nd April – 5.30pm – 7.30pm
Strategies to diversify & expand your business
- Define the Core of your business – this entails defining your industry/segment and identifying the true needs of your target market to find new pathways to growth.
- Identify the correct ‘Stage of Growth’ for your business (key component to strategy)
- From understanding your business Core, develop specific strategies to add value/diversify your business while remaining targeted and focused.
- Learn how to harness and assign all available resources and energy to stabilise the business through the transition and optimise pathways for growth.
Workshop 3 – Wednesday 27th May – 5.30pm – 7.30pm
Creating a Customer-Centric Business
- The critical importance of achieving alignment to manage business change.
- How to align business between you (including your staff/team), your business and your customers to maximise all opportunities for growth.
- How to develop and maintain a “sales and service” culture within your business.
- How to differentiate your business and the customer experience.
- Specific strategies for recruitment, optimisation and retention of key people.
Workshop 4 –Wednesday 17th June – 5.30pm – 7.30pm
Effectively marketing your business
- How to develop a marketing plan that adapts to each Stage of Growth for your business and which addresses internal elements (staff training and communications), external elements (prospects and customers – web & social media) and interactive marketing elements (staff and customers- service/loyalty)
- Developing the image and brand integrity for your business.
- Embracing technology/digital communications (in relation to attracting new business and improving service delivery).
- Building successful networks and collaborations.
The cost for the series is $100.
Registrations close 23rd March